In some situations it may be necessary to reformat an Isilon node. One common example is if the Isilon node will be moved to a different Isilon cluster. The steps below document the proper process to reformat an Isilon node.
- Physically disconnect all Infiniband cables from the node that will be reformatted
- Open a serial connection to the node that will be reformatted
- Baud Rate: 115200
- Data Bits: 8
- Stop Bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow control: Xon/Xoff
- cd to /
- Issue the following command to reformat the node
- Type yes twice to confirm the reformat
- The node will then shutdown, reformat and boot up
- This process takes between 15-20 minutes
- Here is a log of the output from when a node is reformatted.