By default HP blade enclosures come with private certificates that will cause web browsers to display a warning message each time the Onboard Administrator is accessed. This article provides the steps to configure a valid, self-signed, or publicly-signed certificate to eliminate these warning messages.
- Login to the active OA of the blade enclosure
- On the left side expand Active Onboard Administrator and select Certificate Administration
- Click the Certificate Request tab
- Select Generate a certificate-signing request (CSR)
- Under the Required Information heading populate the information to create the CSR
- Common Name should be the FQDN of the blade enclosure
- Click Apply
- Copy the CSR text and go to your certificate provider
- Submit the certificate request
- Be sure to get a 1024-bit certificate in the Base 64 format
- Open the newly created certificate with a text editor and copy all of the text
- Go back to the Onboard Administrator and click the Certificate Upload button
- Paste the text for the cert and click Upload.
- Log out of the Onboard Administrator and close the browser
- Attempt to log back into the Onboard Administrator and verify that the warning for the certificate is no longer present.
- Depending on the browser, a warning message may still be displayed until the cache clears. To avoid this issue test in either Private or Incognito mode.