I opened Component Services and browsed to Computers and My Computer. When I right-click My Computer and click the MSDTC tab I run into an out of memory error message.
This is because the registry on your server is pointing to a default DTC that no longer exists. To resolve this problem you need to update the registry with the GUID of the new DTC. To do this follow these steps:
- Open Services.msc and locate your DTC
- Notice that when you open the services properties you will see the GUID of your DTC in the Path to Executable field
- Document or copy this GUID
- Now open regedit
- Browse to HKLM\Cluster\ResourceTypes\Distributed Transaction Coordinator
- Backup this key
- Edit the Cluster Default Resource property and paste in the GUID you copied from the previous step
- Now attempt to access the MSDTC tab and verify the out of memory error message disappears and that your DTC is now listed under Default DTC.