If you are looking to create a bootable USB drive for ESXi 6 you have come to the right place. You can use this USB drive to simply boot to ESXi or to install it locally on your system. Installing from a USB drive is much simpler and quicker then burning the provided ISO to a CD.
- Download the ESXi installation ISO from https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/downloads
- Download rufus from here.
- This doesn’t install, it is simply an .exe
- Open rufus
- Insert your USB drive
- Select your USB drive from rufus
- If desired, give the USB drive a label
- Click the icon and point to the ISO you downloaded
- Click Start